We envision a future where PPI not only creates and markets its own innovations and technological advances, but funds and fosters the advances of tomorrow’s small businesses and inventors. Since the inception of PPI’s research program, we have focused on the utility and market application of new products and technology. Every new idea brought into the public consensus creates another avenue of economic growth.
To this end, PPI Ventures will take an even more active stance in the realization of new technologies. By combining PPI’s technical and managerial expertise with PPI Ventures' financial experience and investment capital, we plan to bring new concepts and products to market more effectively than ever before. Through our work with in-house researchers and government labs, with corporate projects and private inventors, with communities and universities we are cementing our future as the leaders in innovation and development.
In-House and Partnership Projects
- Government Labs
- Army Research Lab: GPS-Guided Parachute Drop
- Army Research Lab: Subcontractor on Remote Sensor Boxes (McCue)
- NRL: Clementine Spacecraft Support
- NRL: Underwater Communication Boxes
- DOE Lab, Morgantown, WV: Twisted Vane Flowmeter
- NIH: Sub to CC Biotech, Counter Current Centrifuge
- University Labs
- JHU-APL: Portable Sample Processing Station for Mass Spectrometer
- UVA: Privaris, Personal Biometric Identification Device
- UVA: Pocket Sonics, Hand-Held Ultrasound
- VA Tech: Airak, Fiber Optics Power Sensing.
- JMU: Advanced Manufacturing, DDM & RP, Cyber factory, testing for Navy Phase II
- GW: Solar Car Development; Hand Held Sign Language Device
- Univ. of MD: Solar Car support; Space Systems Lab (Grapple Assembly)
- V-22 Osprey, US Navy, NAVAIR: Insulation Attachment System for V-22 Osprey.
- US Air Force, AFRL: Replacement Aircrew Personnel Lowering Device.
- M-4 Rifle, US Army, PEO Soldier: Integrated Power and Communication Attachment System for Rifle Accessory Rails.
- Technology Transfer
- Surgical Simulation Development (HT medical, now Immersion Medical)
- Portable Biometric Identification Device (Privaris, UVA)
- Biotech: Frito-Lay Visual Inspection System, Baush & Lomb Contact Lens Mfg. Center.
- SureScan Ct-Based Baggage Inspection